Monday, December 5, 2011

Man of the Month October 2011




October Man of the Month
Barclay Frankenfield
Submitted by Jeffrey Frankenfield

Barclary FrankenFieldAs I thought of submitting a story for the Valor Man of The Month page, I immediately knew that I wanted to write about my dad, the hardest working and most selfless individual I have ever known.  He has been a shining example to me in the areas of responsibility, work ethic and being committed to one’s family.
My dad, Barclay Frankenfield, grew up working in his father’s garage and “filling station” as they were called back then where he learned the values of hard work and character.  As a young boy he would hurry home from class to help his father and each Saturday morning and summer break he would open the garage and put in a full day’s work even though he was just in grade school.  
The work ethic that my father learned as a young man was consistently demonstrated as he raised his family.  As I grew up I watched my father work 3rd shift in a meat packing plant for fifteen years, twelve hours a day, sixty hours a week, month after month, year after year in order to provide for his wife and three young boys. He selflessly gave of himself so that my brothers and I could have a better opportunity in life.  Even with his grueling schedule my father somehow made every single one of my basketball games in high school. To this day I still don’t know how he did it! 
At the end of this year my father is retiring again at the age of 72.  I say again because he retired at the age of 62 from the meat packing plant only to go out and work another ten years in order to continue providing for my mom.  My father isn’t a man of many words but he is a person of commitment and character.  With over forty three years of faithful marriage and over sixty years of selfless hard work he is unquestionably a Man of Valor!
So here’s to you Dad, the Valor Man of the Month!
Jeff Frankenfield
Vice President Team Valor


No comments:

Post a Comment